There’s still time to enjoy what’s left of summer – at least that’s how I’m choosing to look at it. One of our favorite things to do is go to the beach and surprisingly enough, we haven’t been to the beach since last October during my maternity shoot. Spending a day at the beach is a great way to have a “getaway” experience while on staycation. We’ve pretty much been on staycation, so spending a day at one of our favorite local beaches will be a perfect way to relax and pretend like we’re elsewhere. We’ll make it a home away from home of sorts, packed with a mini shelter, food, toys, and family fun.
I’ve discovered some amazing summer finds from Walmart. Last summer, I picked up some great arm chairs and the perfect cooler on wheels. I also received a miniature gas grill for an assignment and an easy pitch tent for review. I recently purchased a fabulous retro swimsuit from Walmart. All of these finds are perfect for a day at the beach, so I thought I’d share!
1. Catalina Shirred Halter Swimsuit ($25.00) – The Catalina Shirred Halter Swimsuit is an irresistible gem for just about any body type. I’ve been wanting a vintage pin-up style swimsuit for a while and this.is.it. This swimsuit does a great job at creating a curvy silhouette while hiding the tummy pooch. The Catalina Shirred Halter Swimsuit is available in 8 colors different patterns. I chose the black dot pattern.
2. Lightspeed Tent ($99.99) – Lightspeed Tents set up in seconds, hence the name, Lightspeed. Gone are the days of struggling with a traditional tent. We have the Sandy Sleeper and it’s amazing. It has three window areas for enjoying great views and summer breezes. They all zip down for instant privacy. The Sandy Sleeper also has a zipper pocket on the inside for storing small things like cellphone and baby wipes. We never leave for the beach without our portable abode.
3. Coleman 16-Qt Wheeled Cooler ($19.19) – This little cooler stores all picnic essentials and keeps them perfectly chilled. The retractable handle and wheels make it easier to travel with. At the beach, though, be prepared to carry it through the sand or you can drag it to your campsite if your hands are full :-).
4. Ozark Trail Deluxe Armchair ($9.97) – Nothing beats laying out on a beach towel, but sometimes you need a little support. I can’t believe how much of a bargain these little chairs are. We purchased three; two of the adult chairs and one of the junior chairs. These chairs are super compact and fold up and store in a slim drawstring bag.
5. Uniflame Tabletop Gas Grill ($17.00) – This tabletop grill and propane tank fits right in a beach tote. It’s perfect for all the campfire favorites and foil packet meals. Brownie Stuffed Oranges anyone? Assembly was a little too involved for my liking, but at $17, I can’t really complain. Propane is sold separately, but a Coleman Cylinder can be purchased under $3.
I can’t wait to load up the SUV with our beach gear for some family fun time.
Do you have any beach day must haves?
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received samples and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.