‘Tis the season for baked treats like sweet vanilla cupcakes and warm apple pie. There’s something about the aroma of these sweet confections that evoke pleasant memories of merry times. Air Wick is celebrating baking season with their collection of Enchanted Holiday scents and “Good To Be Home” candles. The Enchanted Holiday Collection features scents that holiday stories of made of like; Mrs. Claus’ Apple Pie, Frosted Vanilla And Cupcake Delight, Gingerbread Playhouse, Waiting by the Fireside, and Evergreen Adventure.
I was able to sample some of Air Wick’s Enchanted Holiday products and I am loving how yummy our home smells. Our bathrooms smell of Frosted Vanilla And Cupcake Delight and Mrs. Claus’ Apple Pie oils. Our kitchen is automatically spritz in Gingerbread Playhouse so it always smells like something magical is happening. The candles really complement our living room decor. We prefer using Wax Melts (also available in these scents), so the candles are just for show.
The candles are also part of the Good To Be Home collection, an exclusive line of candles at Walmart. The candles were designed with glass jars and a beautiful mirrored cap. These candles accent home decor and provide the perfect holiday ambiance. The labels even peel off with ease for aesthetics. There’s nothing more frustrating than having a big ol’ branded sticker slapped across a gorgeous candle. Air Wick has eliminated that frustration.
The Air Wick Enchanted Holiday and Good To Be Home collections can be found at Walmart for around $4.88 each. Be sure to pick up the coupon for $2 off 2 Enchanted Holiday products!
I was so inspired by Air Wick’s Enchanted Holiday Collection that I decided to bake an apple pie. The recipe is below if you’d like to try it!
- 2 (9 in) pie crust pastries
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 (8 oz) brick of cream cheese, at room temp
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let syrup simmer.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese and add apples. Mix until apples are coated.
- Place the bottom pie pastry in your pie pan. Fill with apple and cream cheese mixture. Pour half of the syrup mixture on top.
- Cover with the second pie pastry. Cut slits in crust for ventilation. Gently pour and brush the syrup mixture on top of the pastry. Make sure the syrup is still hot as it solidifies quickly.
- Bake pie for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F. Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft and crust is golden brown.
How do you set the ambiance for the holidays? Share your tips in the comments below!
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received samples and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
To support my blogging efforts and site expenses, I do share relevant affiliate links in my posts. Thank you for your support.