To add on to the scrumptious Breakfast Casserole I posted a few days ago, I present, the Savory Waffle. It’s another easy recipe that will help make holiday brunches special even if you’re short on time. We are big waffle fans around here. We love pancakes, but there’s something about a crispy waffle. A great big bonus is that they’re easier to make. Just whip up the batter, pour it into your waffle iron and it’s pretty hands-off until you hear the beep!
The savory waffle is a cheesy twist on the traditional waffle. This recipe comes straight from Walmart’s Holiday Entertaining Guide, so all we’ve done is use a square iron and styled it a bit differently. This goes to show you how you can take something simple and make it special for your guests.
I just realized that this will be my second-to-last recipe post of the year. I hope you enjoy it and have a Merry Everything, friends!
- Heat the oven to 250°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Set a wire rack on a baking sheet and place it in the oven.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl to aerate and break up any lumps; set aside.
- Place the eggs in a second large bowl and whisk until just broken up. Add the milk and, while whisking constantly, slowly pour in the melted butter until evenly combined. Add the cheese and stir until combined.
- Add the milk-cheese mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until the flour is just incorporated and no streaks remain (the batter may have a few lumps); set aside.
- Heat a Belgian waffle iron to medium according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once heated, fill it with batter, close the lid, and cook until the steam starts to diminish (open the top and peek for doneness after a few minutes). Transfer the waffle to the wire rack in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Optional: top with cooked bacon.
Savory Waffle by Walmart's Holiday Entertaining Guide
For more holiday entertaining ideas, check out Walmart’s Holiday Entertaining Guide. As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received samples and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
To support my blogging efforts and site expenses, I do share relevant affiliate links in my posts. Thank you for your support.