I pepped up pasta night’s meatballs using Johnsonville® Fresh Italian Mild Sausage Links as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. Thanks for supporting our site partners! #SausageFamily
I’ve been cooking meatballs the same way for several years now and while we are pretty content with that method, I wanted to try something new. I recently watched a video that shared a way to add additional flavor to meatballs by using Italian sausage and cheese. I’ve never used Italian sausage or cheese in my meatballs so I thought I’d pep up last week’s pasta night with the hubs, by giving this recipe enhancement a try. While this recipe calls for ground Italian sausage, I was able to improvise with Johnsonville®’s Fresh Italian Mild Sausage Links and a few whirls around the blender. I’m all for avoiding extra trips to the grocery store. I thought I’d save Greg the hassle this time around.
The Italian sausage really enhanced the flavor, making these tender meatballs a scrumptious new favorite. Next time around, I think I’ll match two batches so that I can put one in the freezer. Let’s get to the recipe, shall we?
- 1lb ground beef
- 1lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 8oz bag of colby/monterey jack cheese cubes
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together excluding the cheese cubes. Roll the meat mixture into several golf ball sized balls. Press 2 cheese cubes into the center of each meatball and pull the edges of the meat ball around it until the cheese is no longer visible.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, thoroughly cook meatballs until the insides are no longer pink. Flip them around periodically to brown multiple sides.
- Serve with pasta sauce on top of your favorite pasta noodle.
Please Pin This!