When it comes to buying kids clothes, many parents struggle with finding clothes that are both stylish and comfortable for their little ones. With the rise in so many sensitivities to materials and fibers, it’s more important than ever for parents to choose their children’s clothing wisely. As a parent of a child with sensory issues or Autism, it’s important to choose clothing that will make them feel comfortable. As incredible as it may be to believe, studies have shown that as many as 1 in 20 children have some form of sensory processing disorder.
Today, there are children’s clothing companies that offer fabrics and specialty designs that are both comfortable and on trend. Seamless products are a great option for parents of children with sensory processing issues or Autism who want their kids to look their best, while allowing them to still be comfortable.
Seamless Technology in Clothing
While we, as parents, may not understand the “hubbub” about seams in our clothing, to children with sensory issues it can be equivalent to nails on a chalkboard – unbearable. Here are just some of the benefits of seamless clothing:
- Non-binding: T-shirts, socks and undies often have elastic that can irritate kids. Seamless clothing is elastic free, without allowing the fabric to bunch, wrinkle or bind.
- Form fitting: Underwear, socks, and tees are form-fitting without being too constrictive, so kids can still move freely while they play and go about their day.
- Moisture Wicking (socks): Seamless socks are made from high-tech fibers that wick away moisture, keeping feet dry comfortable and odor-free.
With a new season upon us, now is a great time to update your child’s wardrobe (without breaking the bank). Here are a few simple must-haves for your child’s fall capsule wardrobe:
- Seamless socks: These are great for kids with sensory issues or kids who just don’t like the feel of seams on their feet. The soft fabrics will keep their feet warm and comfortable all day long. And since they are form-fitting, they won’t wrinkle or bunch up in shoes.
- Tagless Bodysuits & Tees: These are versatile pieces of clothing that can be paired with just about anything, from a pair of simple jeans to a fancy skirt for a special event. Whether you and your bub are going to a special holiday party or just having a playdate at the neighborhood park, a comfortable and soft fabric will look great and is durable enough to last wash after wash.
- Leggings & Joggers: Every active toddler and school-age child needs at least one pair of joggers, leggings or both! These are quite versatile because they are great for both boys and girls. Leggings can easily be transformed to a dressy look with a soft white shirt or a seamless ruffle top. Leggings and joggers come in a variety of styles, colors and designs that kids are sure to love.
- Comfortable Shoes: And what’s a great outfit without a pair of matching shoes? Shoes that are made with the development of little feet in mind and backed by pediatricians provde the ultimate comfort and tend to last longer.
The great thing about buying seamless clothing is that they typically last longer so even if you spend a little more on them, you won’t have to replace them often. These pieces are versatile so you can really get creative with styling a capsule wardrobe for your little ones. Isn’t it nice to know that kids clothing can be comfortable, durable, and stylish, without blowing your budget? Bring on the bright colors and the coziness and comfort of fall!