I’ve made a goal to share more recipes with you all. Simple, everyday recipes. And while writing out a list, I realized that I have yet to share a recipe for burgers. Now presented itself as the perfect time with Walmart’s recent Blu-Ray + DVD release of the movie When The Game Stands Tall ($24.96). It’s definitely one to add to your feel good movie list as it serves as a great lesson in perseverance. Gotta love sports movies!
This burger recipe is inspired by When The Game Stands Tall. It’s just my regular burger recipe (modified for football snacking) minified and jazzed up with some bacon, cute cheese cutouts, with a choice of nacho cheese, buffalo sauce, and guacamole toppings. Caramelized onions are always a must. I hope you enjoy biting into these tasty burgers and add them to your family entertaining.
- 4 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced and caramelized
- 2 cups bacon, cooked
- 12 slider rolls/buns
- Sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- Optional game time toppings: nacho cheese, buffalo sauce, guacamole
- In a large bowl, thoroughly work seasonings into the ground beef. Form miniature burger patties and fry in a large skillet or grill them on medium heat.
- While the burgers are cooking, fry up the bacon in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Set bacon aside on paper towels. Discard bacon grease. Slice the onions medallion-style and caramelize them in the same skillet over medium-low heat.
- Once the burgers are done cooking, serve them on buns topped with cheddar cheese slices (I used cookie cutters), caramelized onions, and bacon with your favorite game time topping.
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received samples and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.