This post is sponsored by M&M’S. See how the crispy, milk chocolate characters are making their way into our movie-watching this weekend!
Happy Friday! What are you doing this weekend? The boys are away with their great grandmother, so that means that Greg and I can enjoy a movie night and catch the Oscars. When we have movie nights, we try to have some special snacks set aside for the occasion. Oftentimes, I bake some variation of the chocolate chip cookie, since they are Greg’s favorite sweet treat.
This weekend, we are having chocolate chip cookies and a variety of M&M’S candies. M&M’S Milk Chocolate candies have been one of the most loved chocolate treats in the world since 1941. They are a perfect match for popcorn munching during movie-watching festivities. Am I right? In celebration of the Oscars, M&M’S is debuting a fun commercial where they invade the movies. Check it out during the Oscars, but in the meantime, check out Red’s Red Carpet tips (here & here) and enjoy the chocolate chip cookie recipe below!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, slightly melted
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Crispy M&M's
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or foil and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a mixer, whisk sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the wet ingredients and mix lightly. Fold in in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into small balls. Space the cookies at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, remove from oven and press M&M candies into the cookies. Return to oven and bake for another 5 minutes, until golden, but still soft in the center.
- Transfer hot cookies to a rack to cool.
I hope you enjoy these lil’ cookies and have a great weekend!
If you’re feeling chatty… do you have any favorite snack traditions with M&M’S?
To support my blogging efforts and site expenses, I do share relevant affiliate links in my posts. Thank you for your support.