This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s a new year and I’m committed to doing all that I possibly can to make sure that my household runs smoothly. I’ve been reorganizing different areas of our home to make sure that each area is optimally functional. When I find that something is no longer working, I work towards a better solution. One thing that has been stressing me out is our bathroom towel situation. Our bathroom is pretty tiny so we don’t have space to hang towels. I absolutely cannot stand to see towels hanging on the shower curtain rod so we’ve been draping the washcloths over the tub which is almost as equally annoying. I end up tossing the kids’ towels straight into the hamper a lot too because… too many darn towels. We are definitely not the Tatum Inn, so we need to be getting more use out of our towels.
After turning my wheels and looking into products that would help us organize and keep a tab on our towels, I decided to get a rack for the drying towels (I’ll share once installed) and I came up with my own simple solution for the washcloths. I’m so happy with how it turned out! I ordered some suction hooks from Amazon and created labels using Cricut’s Window Cling. I really wanted something clean and functional with a modern element and I was able to accomplish that in this project.
I started my project by creating labels and wall art in Photoshop to fit a 12×12 LightGrip mat. Since I don’t like wasting sheets of material, I filled up the empty space with the months of the year to use on my dry erase calendar. Once I had my image designed and saved, I uploaded it to Design Space and inserted it into a new project. I cut a 12×12 piece of Window Cling using Cricut’s Portable Trimmer. It’s much more convenient than using scissors. I place the window cling onto the LightGrip mat shiny side up, set my Cricut Explore Air to custom, and loaded the mat. When sending my project to my Cricut, I selected Window Cling in Design Space.
After my project was fully cut, I began to do quite a bit of weeding. The weeding tool in the Essential Tool Set made this a cinch. Due to the intricacies of my design, I decided to use panter’s tape to help me apply the wall art portion to our tub surround as symmetrically as possible. There’s a science to removing the tape while being careful not to lift the window cling much, but it gets the job done.
Once I got the Bath Towels art up, I placed the suction cups up on the tub surround and arranged the towels, followed by applying our cute little labels. Now we finally have some order in our tub. Unsightly towel chaos begone!
I hope this project inspires you to tackle a project in your home whether it’s organizing a cluttered zone or freshening up a space you already love. Let me know in the comments what you’re planning to tackle. I looove hearing about what you’re doing in your homes!
To support my blogging efforts and site expenses, I do share relevant affiliate links in my posts. Thank you for your support.