The weather’s warm, and the berries are ripe! We’ve been snacking on lots of strawberries since they are in season at our local market. At $3.00 per large container, we can’t help but to grab one each shopping trip. This week, I grabbed some blackberries along with our strawberries. I had a summer treat in mind and settled on making Strawberry Blackberry Lemonade.
Oh my goodness, this lemonade is the best… sweet, tart, and refreshing. It’s very easy to make. I simplified it even more by using lemon juice found in the juice aisle, ’cause ain’t nobody got time to squeeze lemons. I did make a simple syrup like a boss. I mean, I know it’s simple but it’s all the rage on the cooking shows, so I feel like an accomplished foodie.
This lemonade is also a perfect way to use up slightly bruised strawberries. Who wants to bite into soft strawberries? Not I! To preserve freshness, don’t rinse them until you’re ready to eat them and if you end up with a few rejects, just throw ’em in some lemonade.
- Simple syrup (1 cup sugar, 1 cup water)
- 1¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1½ cup water
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar is thoroughly dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a blender, blend lemon juice and berries together.
- In a new container, strain juice mixture to remove seeds.
- Add 1½ cup water and simple syrup mixture to desired sweetness. Serve over ice or as a slushie.
I hope you enjoy this fun summer drink. If you decide to make this Strawberry Blackberry Lemonade in your own kitchen, feel free to leave a comment, or tag me with #Sophistishe on INSTAGRAMor FACEBOOK!
Cheers to an amazing summer!